If the only thing that is on your mind is the question: ‘How do I get my ex girlfriend back?‘, I have good news and I have some not so good news.
The good news is that no matter how hopeless it may seem, there is always a chance you can get your ex girlfriend back.
The bad news is that it will take time, love, patience, and commitment on your part. If you are willing to put in the effort you may be pleasantly surprised about what you can accomplish.
I realize that all situations are different, but for the most part, there are some common things that tend to work very well.
Stop wondering on the question: “How do I get my ex girlfriend back?” Here is a list of a few of those tactics you can use now:
1. The first thing you need to do is leave your ex alone.
If you’ve been hounding her up until this point trying to get her to ‘see reason’ you have got to stop right now. All you are doing is irritating, and maybe even scaring, her. Let everything you’ve said have time to sink in. Give her some space.
There are two things you can accomplish if you do this:
- for one thing you will allow her time to really understand what it will be like if you’re not in her life. If you’ve been talking to her all the time since the breakup she hasn’t had any time to actually miss you. Give her that time.
- Two, you need time to get your emotions under control. You have got to be able to carry on conversations with her when you are calm. If you lose it every time she says something you don’t want to hear, you are just pushing her further and further away.
2. Instead of rehashing everything she did wrong, spend time thinking about what you did wrong, and more importantly, what changes you can make if the two of you do get back together.
Finger pointing is very easy to do, it’s also a complete waste of time. The only way to make your relationship work is to address the problems honestly and openly and work on changing those destructive behaviors.
3. After you’ve gone through steps 1 and 2, it’s time to call your ex.
If you followed the advice in step 1 and have stopped calling her for a period of time, she will likely be happy to hear from you at this point.
You’ve given her time to worry that it may really be over and realize that she doesn’t like the feeling of that.
When you contact her talk to her honestly, and calmly, and tell her you still care for her and you’d like to see if the two of you can work things out. At this point she will either say yes or no.
No matter what happens you have to be very careful how you handle it. If you get mad and upset you will guarantee she never changes her mind and that the two of you are over.
If, on the other hand, you stay calm and loving and tell her that you understand and you wish her well, there may possibly come a day when she will change her mind, you’ve at least left the door open. Even if she doesn’t change her mind you can walk away knowing that you tried and you gave her a decent final memory of you.
No matter what happens, if you are asking the question: ‘ How do I get my ex girlfriend back?’ you should feel better knowing that you have at least a little control over how things work out. Good luck.